Ok I promise I'll give a full-on Bachelor roundup tomorrow, but I just had to post quickly now - JEN???!?!?!?!?! Really Lorenzo??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
I'm sadly disappointed. Why does The Bachelor always disappoint me?? Why doesn't The Bachelor ever pick the girl who wants him and loves him? Is it because men always want what they can't really fully have?????????
I had a long day and need to get some sleep. Exams aren't even fully here yet and I'm already feeling the heat. But I'm going to bed REALLY disappointed here...Enzo, you let me down.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Ok I promise I'll give a full-on Bachelor roundup tomorrow, but I just had to post quickly now - JEN???!?!?!?!?! Really Lorenzo??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Posted by LawNut at 11:08 PM
Friday, November 24, 2006
I couldn't leave the house today.
No, not because I ate myself into oblivion yesterday or an apple-pie coma. I couldn't leave because I had too much studying to do; however, I just could not miss out on the Black Friday deals; but really, who can deal with the crowds of people, lines forming outside stores since 4am?? Maybe some can, but me...not so much.
So I trolled the internet this morning for all the things I had to get people for Christmas this year - and got some great deals and free shipping, and I can proudly say, that I'm pretty much dunzo as far as Christmas gift-buying is concerned. And I never even left my chair!!
How do you like them apples??
Posted by LawNut at 3:50 PM
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Thanksgiving is the best holiday - you get to eat until your jean button threatens to pop off and kill the person sitting directly across from you, drink yourself silly, and then when you pass out in a food and alcohol-induced coma, just blame it on some funky chemical in the turkey called tryptophan. And then you just sound smart when you say big scientific words like that. Yup, Thanksgiving is the best holiday....happy turkey day everyone!! :-)
Posted by LawNut at 12:57 AM
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
I hate to admit it, but I can't get enough. If you saw this previous post featuring "bang bang bang," then maybe you can't get enough either. I'm referring to what is apparently called Group X and their weird animations to their even weirder songs. I don't know anything about them - but I can't stop watching their stuff, or having the songs in my head during the day!
Here's the latest one I can't stop replaying...I think it's as good as "bang bang bang" if not better.
Posted by LawNut at 9:15 PM
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Posted by LawNut at 11:30 AM
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Posted by LawNut at 3:29 PM
Got this meme off of Frillgirl and decided to start procrastinating...
Stuff I've done is in bold. Have fun peeking into my life.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game (and survived the crush afterwards)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
Posted by LawNut at 10:47 AM
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Pup is just something else. He is always finding something new to do that will irritate the crap out of me. His latest discovery? The garbage can. Mind you, Pup has been tall enough to stick his head in the trash can for quite some time. For whatever reason, it has only been in the last week that he figured out that he can tip the lid off of the can with his head and it's snacktime. He'll go through all the garbage in there, picking out tidbits that he finds interesting - a candy wrapper, used saran wrap, you name it. This might be very fun and exciting for Pup, but for me? Not so much. Once I throw out last night's leftover chicken, I really don't want to see it again on the kitchen floor.
So after an entire weekend of screaming, "PUP!! Get OUT of the garbage!!!"I couldn't take it anymore. Today on my way home from school, I went to Linens n Things to pick out a new garbage can. Now, I what I had in mind when I went into the store was the type of garbage can that has a step that opens it. This, I figure, is something that Pup will not be able to decipher, and even if he one day can (although I really don't think he's that smart), it will definitely take him a long time. What I was not prepared for, though, was how expensive these cans were! I ended up having to spend over $60 on a stupid garbage can - a GARBAGE CAN. GARBAGE goes in it - why is it so expensive??!??!!
I am usually more of a price-comparison shopper, but I didn't have any more time to go anywhere else, and I didn't feel like enduring another evening of telling Pup to get his head out of the trash. So I plunked down my Amex, and headed home with my can.
I think it was well-worth it, though. Just to see Pup's face when I got home, took the new can out of the box, and put the garbage bag in it - and then just waited. I waited for him to stroll over, and try to stick his head in it - and he couldn't get it open!!!!! And then the glance at me, as if to say, "Well...what happened?? Why can't I get a snack out of here??"
Bwahahahahahahaha! My evil plan worked!!
Posted by LawNut at 8:09 PM
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thursday, November 09, 2006
It's almost that time again. You know...the time us law students all dread like the plague: exam time. Right now is that erie (pun totally intended) calm before the storm - when you know the shit is going to hit the fan in about 2.5 seconds, and you're trying to brace yourself for the brutalization that is going to ensue, but it doesn't matter how hard you try, it always slams you against the wall anyway. That's how I feel.
Now, granted, as a 2L, I've been through all this before. Three times to be exact (Fall, Spring AND Summer even though summer barely counts due to the utter lack of work that I put into studying over the summer - I mean, hellooooo the sand and ocean were calling!!). But it doesn't seem to matter how many times it happens, finals time always seems to grip my chest like a ridiculous vice that keeps squeezing, slowly killing me a little more each time it rolls around. I don't care that I've done it before - I'm still terrified. It's November and I don't have a CLUE about what the hell is going on in Business Associations. For all I know, the Prof hasn't spoken English all semester. I'm sure I'll get the exam in front of me and think it's in Swahili too. Great. Can't wait for the fun that anal rape will be.
I know I can't avoid it. I know I just have to suck it up, work on those @#(*$#)(#$* outlines, and just take the exams. Hopefully I'll at least pass. But God, I'm PANICKING. PANICKING.
Ok.....gotta calm down.....I have to warn you all though...the next couple of weeks? Be prepared for really random, really angry posts. Be afraid...be very afraid. Because I sure as Hell am!
Posted by LawNut at 11:03 PM
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Two fantastic shows I recently discovered, and I wanted to put them out there because I haven't really heard anyone talking about it, and I really think they are conversation-worthy.
First up, Dexter on Showtime, Sundays at 10pm. What a great show. It stars Six Feet Under's Michael C. Hall who once again further solidifies the fact that he is an epic actor. He plays a forensic blood-spatter expert in Miami who lives a secret double life as a vigilante killer of sorts. It's dark, it's morbid - it's perfect. For anyone who was a fan of Six Feet Under and Hall (I was one), I really think that you should give Dexter a whirl. Although the season is well under way, I'm sure you can catch the prior episodes On Demand and catch up on what you've missed. It's well worth it.
Secondly, Take Home Chef on TLC, Fridays at 7pm (but I usually catch reruns on weekdays at 5pm). For those of you saying, "A cooking show??!" take note - this is no ordinary cooking show. The show revolves around this Aussie cook, Curtis Stone, who looks like a younger, hotter version of Rod Stewart - and yes, I sure do think he's sexy.
This tall drink of water stalks women out at the food store, and propositions them - if they take him home, he will help them cook a fabulous meal for her significant other/family. Some women actually say no (I really don't know why, I'd be all over this), but most say yes. So off they go - Curtis helps the women pick out the groceries, he graciously pays, they usually stop off at another store to get any cooking accessories necessary, and then they go home. The thing is, this chef almost always picks total MILFS to go home with. So while they start up cooking, there is clear flirtation going on between the MILF and the Chef; and all that aside, this guy makes some phenomental-looking foods. The fun part is when the crew announces that the husband/boyfriend/whatever is approaching the house, and they get all ready to surprise him. He usually has this face on like "Why is there a camera crew in my kitchen? Why is there a young strapping man with my wife in my kitchen? Why is my wife wearing that really low cut shirt and drinking wine with the strapping young man??"
Then it's all about the food as the Chef serves the couple and watches them eat up the yummy meal - although sometimes you get the feeling that the MILF might have wanted to gobble up more than the meal. Mmhmm. All in all, a super fun show, I always laugh when I watch, and then vow to do more cooking - and more visits to Whole Foods, of course, in the hopes of being picked up by the Chef!
Posted by LawNut at 8:01 PM
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
I have been waiting QUITE some time for Yahoo Avatars to come around and add a Doberman Pinscher to their dog list so that I could put one in my Avatar. The day has finally arrived. As you can see at left, there I am (or my doppelganger), with a Doberman; but the Doberman looks like he's pissed off. You can see his teeth. He does NOT look like a nice, happy dog, which Pup is, and which most Doberman Pinschers are! And this is what makes me oh so mad - it's things like this that promulgate the image people have of this breed of animal. Doberman Pinschers are one of the most loyal, loving breeds of dog you will ever find. A Doberman will give his life for you without a second thought, that is how much he loves and values you; but pictures of these wonderful creatures rarely depict this side of the Doberman, and it really is to society's detriment, because a lot of people are missing out on this wonderful breed.
So while I will keep the Doberman in my Avatar because looks-wise this little guy more accurately reflects what Pup really looks like, I want to make it known that Doberman Pinschers are NOT inherently vicious, mean, or anything like that.
'nuff said. Pup and I are going for a walk, and if we hear anything derogatory about Doberman Pinschers, we're crackin' skulls.*
* Kudos to whomever can guess that movie reference... :-)
Posted by LawNut at 8:39 PM