Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Everybody Loves a Pot Luck Post



I'm in the midst of finals. Although it's only two for these summer classes, I have really done nothing for them thus far, so studying has been quite the feat, to say the least.

As a result, I'm slightly lackluster today, therefore will just make a post on random crap that has recently been bogging me down.

First off, the verdict is in on my previous hair post. Thank you to all who commented and assisted me in making my decision! I also polled BFF and Hubby once again, and my decision has been not to go with the heavy bang. Liberal Banana made a good point when she noted that I don't need "a lot of bangs." (Minds out of the gutter, please!) So after some searching about thanks to T's comment relating to Rachel Bilson, I found a picture that I really liked of her with bangs that are not as heavy, and actually, looks a lot like how I have my hair now, but only slightly different. So here it is:
I'm going to try to call Favorite Hairdresser tomorrow and get an appointment soon. When I see him, I'll ask him what he thinks of these bangs for me. I think they will look nice, and will be a good change, especially because I like the longer length my hair is now, and that tends to get a little boring after a while.

In other news, my computer had a total and complete meltdown the other day during my first exam, and resulted in my having to finish the exam in a bluebook. I KNOW - THE HORROR. Can you imagine???!?!?! It truly is amazing, though - I have taken so many exams in my life that I can't even begin to guess at the number. 90% of those exams were handwritten - it was only in law school that I started taking exams on my laptop - but suddenly, when faced with a pen and a blank sheet of paper, I became the dumbest girl in the room. I didn't know where to start, what to write, HOW to write, nothing! So basically I think I did horribly on that exam. Oh well. It wasn't my fault - it was the laptop's fault!! Damn technology...

I think that's all I have for right about now. I have some other stuff going on family-wise that I would love love love to post about, because I would probably rather pour bleach into my eyes while sticking splinters underneath my fingernails and plucking my toenails off than deal with the current issue, but in the interest online anonymity, I will refrain; but it's hard....it's REALLY hard...alas!

Off to continue studying! Can't wait for this one to be over so that I can start to enjoy what's left of my summer!! Oh, and let's hope that the laptop was just having a temporary "moment" the other day and that it says strong for me this week....