Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Come On, Shake Your Body, Baby - Do That Conga!


Yesterday when I was leaving school and was walking through the parking garage to my car, I noticed a very loud drumming sound. The closer I got to my car, the louder it became. By the time I arrived at my car, it was nearly deafening. I glanced to the right corner of the floor on which I was parked, and saw the offending drummer - one of the people in my class, drumming on a set of CONGA DRUMS, outside of his car - and the worst part was, there were various (hippie) students surrounding him, all dancing and thrashing about as if there might have been a bonfire nearby. It was QUITE a strange scene. Meanwhile, I know I gave them the "WTF" face and hopped into my car, speeding out of there right quick before they recruited me for some good old Kumbaya.

In other news, yesterday while I was at the food store, I decided to once and for all invest in a hair product that I've had my eye on for a while: John Frieda Color Glaze. I'll be honest, I read some horrid reviews of it on various websites, but my curiosity was still piqued (and it doesn't help that Instyle magazine has these big ads for it that always seem to catch my eye). So I decided, what the hey, it was only $8.99 and I figured if I hated it, I would return it.

I used it last night for the first time, and I have to say - I was impressed! While the reviews are on target that it can get somewhat messy, I found that if I tip my head upside down and THEN apply the product to my hair, the mess is much less. I also agree with further reviews that a flip-top bottle would be more helpful in the shower than the screw-top cap currently on the product; but all that aside, it made my hair smell AWESOME - kind of coconutty - I wanted to be smelling my hair all day long; and while I didn't see a tremendous color change today (it says that it takes a few uses for that), I did notice that my hair seemed a little more brown-ie, and it certainly was super soft and healthy-feeling. I will definitely continue to use it, and will keep you all posted as to my "color results" in about a week's time!