Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Bachelor is Back!!!


I am a Bachelor junkie. I always love it. I have to watch every single episode and analyze the bachelor's choices, the girls, etc. So you can imagine my excitement when I JUST found out that the Bachelor was starting up again last night! Very exciting.

First off, I think the new bachelor, Prince Lorenzo, is totally smoking. I don't care that he doesn't speak Italian and doesn't even live in Italy. He's hot. Plus he seems genuine, which is more than I can say for the last Bachelor, who was one of the most expressionless people I had ever seen in television.

Here's my rundown on the girls and my predictions for where they'll get in this game:

1. Agnese - this girl was one of the two Italian beauties that ABC threw in as a monkey wrench for Lorenzo. She's my personal pick for the winner. There seems to be a language barrier because she doesn't speak that much English, and Lord knows that Lorenzo can barely say al dente, but still - she is absolutely gorgeous, and there is an innocence about her that I don't think Lorenzo is going to find with any of the American girls.

2. Desiree - Didn't like this girl one bit. She just seems kind of slutty, what with her calling Lorenzo "baby," and doing this Vegas-style dance for him; but because Lorenzo is a man, of course he gave her a rose. She won't win, though.

3. Ellen - Definitely liked this chick. At 30, she's a little older than most of the girls this season, but I think that can be a good thing. I don't think that these 22 year old chippies are really that serious about trying to find someone to settle down with (then again, if you're on the Bachelor, are you that serious about trying to really find someone??), and I think that a real woman can be a turn-on for a guy like Lorenzo.

4. Erica - UGH. This girl is a Paris Hilton wanna be. And there is enough Paris in Paris to go around, we don't need any more. In addition, she is a "socialite," whatever that means. She was even wearing a TIARA. Lorenzo, please send this girl back home on coach. Please.

5. Gina - Not too sure about her. I think she might be too catty. She had an ugly-ass face on when the Italian girls came out. Yes, they are prettier than you. So what? Is there a need to scrunch up your face on national TV in disapproval? I think she'll go home relatively soon.

6. Jami - Definitely cute, has a great Texas accent, and looks to be a nice girl. I'm hoping she'll stick around for a while, at least long enough to get to know her a little better.

7. Jeanette - I didn't think this girl was too pretty, actually. She's definitely optimized for the show, but in the end, after you take away the makeup and the hair gets washed, I think she might be kind of ugly first thing in the morning. Again, didn't really get to know her too well (except I thought that heinous red dress she was wearing was, well, heinous), but we'll see as the show evolves.

8. Jennifer - I don't really have an opinion on this girl...is she the one that goes psycho as the season goes along??

9. Kim - I didn't think this girl was very pretty, again, might be a disaster first thing in the morning; but maybe she's nice, we'll see.

10. Lisa - Ok, totally loved this girl; and apparently Lorenzo did too, since he gave her the very first rose and an awesome pair of 2 carat diamond earrings (bling, bling!!). She and Lorenzo hugged a tree together which I thought was totally cute, and she is super cute, super bubbly, and if I had my way, it would be her and Agnese to the final two.

11. Sadie - Not a fan. This girl is a total Kelly Ripa wanna be, and you know what? There is only one Kelly Ripa. So stop trying.

12. Sarah - The whole Canadian "eh" thing bothers me. I don't think Lorenzo is going to be able to put up with it for that much longer either. I predict she won't get a one-on-one date.

And that's it!! One final thought, however, on a girl that didn't get picked, Rosella. She mentioned that she sold her car to go on the show. Sold her car??!?!?! First of all, what kind of car are you selling to go on the Bachelor?? Secondly, why isn't ABC paying for all those dresses that they have to wear and whatnot? It probably costs them $1 mil to make the show, give or take, but they probably take in 10 times that much in revenue - WTF?? They can't help these girls out with the costs of being on the show? Weird. Personally, I was thrilled that he didn't give her a rose - that's what you get for selling your car! Hope her first stop on her way back home was the used car dealership.....