Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Grinch Who Stole Hubby


First of all, I would like to announce that I am officially halfway done with law school. That is, of course, given that I got at least a C- or better on all of my finals. Considering how I felt as I left each and every one, that's not so much a given; but regardless, it's over and done with, and now the only thing to do is sit and wait until the professors decide to get around to grading the exams. And posting the grades. All of which I will not hold my breath for.

All that aside, I'm super happy to get my life back; but now that Christmas is a mere nine days away, it's time for Hubby to become the Christmas Grinch.

You see, it's not that Hubby hates Christmas per se, actually. The problem is that Hubby's family has utter hatred and loathing for me, therefore we are the black sheep of his family. As a result, no one wants to see us for Christmas (or any other time of the year for that matter, but I suppose for him it's most acute during Christmas-time).

Now before you go all judging and whatnot, let it not go unknown that we have tried (and yes, I HAVE TRIED), to amend things with this group of haters, really to no avail. So I don't try anymore. However, while I could care less, and in fact makes my Christmas quite merry indeed to not have to deal with any in-laws whatsoever, I cannot say the same for Hubby. Not only does he have to deal with HIS in-laws, but he also has to deal with the sad situation of his family not caring to see him on Christmas of all days.

So today seems to be the start of Cranky-Pants Hubby - the Hubby that proclaims hating the holidays, but he really doesn't, it's just because his family sucks and doesn't realize that he's totally awesome. Am I a pill? Of course I am; but if Hubby likes me, then they should at least pretend to like me too.

Now, who stole the last can of Who Hash??!?!?