Thursday, December 21, 2006

Kickin' It Back to '97

Butterflyfish posted this on 1993, and I sat there and read the tunes while being filled with memories of my freshman year of high school. So of course, I had to do it too. Here's how it works:


1. Go to pop culture madness, and find the greatest hits for the year you turned 18 (1997 for me).


2. Bold the ones you like (I made the ones I LOVED pink), make tiny the ones you hate, italicize the ones you are familiar with but neither like nor hate, leave the ones you don't know as is.

Have fun down 1997 memory lane. I sure did.



1. Barbie Girl - Aqua
2. ESPN Presents Jock Jams - Various Artists
3. Wannabe - Spice Girls
4. Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
5. To The Moon and Back - Savage Garden
6. You Make Me Wanna - Usher
7. I Like It Like That - Blackout All-Stars
8. Hard To Say I'm Sorry - Az Yet
9. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
10. Fly - Sugar Ray
11. How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes
12. Da' Dip - Freak Nasty
13. It's Your Love - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
14. Let Me Clear My Throat - DJ Kool
15. Missing You - Puff Daddy & Faith Evans
16. 2 Become 1 - Spice Girls
17. MMMBop - Hanson
18. Fly Like An Eagle - Seal
19. Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls
20. For You I Will - Monica
21. Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
22. I Believe In You And Me - Whitney Houston
23. This Is Your Night - Amber
24. A Long December - Counting Crows
25. Show Me Love - Robyn
26. We Trying To Stay Alive - Wyclef Jean
27. Semi Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
28. Mo Money Mo Problems - Notorious B.I.G.
29. Say... If You Feel Alright - Crystal Waters
30. The Impression That I Get - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
31. I Want You - Savage Garden
32. Song 2 - Blur
33. CoCo Jamboo - Mr. President
34. Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
35. Head Over Heels - Allure
36. All Mixed Up - 311
37. Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - Puff Daddy
38. Honey - Mariah Carey
39. Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
40. Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit - Gina G
41. Dancehall Queen - Beenie Man
42. Building A Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
43. I Say A Little Prayer - Diana King
44. Santeria - Sublime
45. Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik
46. Men In Black - Will Smith
47. Wrong Way - Sublime
48. Criminal - Fiona Apple
49. Where's The Love - Hanson
50. Your Woman - White Town
51. You Were Meant For Me - Jewel
52. Firestarter - Prodigy
53. Feel So Good - Mase
54. Where Have All The Cowboys Gone - Paula Cole
55. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
56. Don't Go Away - Oasis
57. Staring At The Sun - U2
58. Lovefool - The Cardigans
59. Blood On The Dancefloor - Michael Jackson
60. Thirty Three - Smashing Pumpkins
61. Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen
62. Desperately Wanting - Better Than Ezra
63. How Bizarre - OMC
64. I'm Not A Player - Big Punisher
65. Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart) - Backstreet Boys
66. Daylight Fading - Counting Crows
67. All Cried Out - Allure
68. Dream - Forest For The Trees
69. Push - Matchbox 20
70. Alright - Jamiroquai
71. The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
72. The Rascal King - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
73. The Old Apartment - Barenaked Ladies
74. Hell - Squirrel Nut Zippers
75. All By Myself - Celine Dion