Thursday, January 11, 2007

The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. It appears that someone has decided to start leaving hateful comments on my blog. Hateful and insulting.

Now, I fully understand that a blog is a forum where my opinions are posted out there for all to read. I expect that not everyone will always agree with what I have to say, and I encourage comments to be left on my blog, as evidenced by my comments link, because I enjoy gaining insight in what the rest of the world might think about topics that interest me. That is half the fun of this silly blogging business.

What I do not appreciate, however, is someone leaving derogatory remarks in my comments section. Baseless derogatory remarks, to be exact. That is just not cool. If you are such an asshat that you cannot formulate an intelligent, coherent opinion without the use of obscenities and insults, then I not only pity you, but I will ban you from leaving comments on my blog.

At this time, I have banned the heinous individual that has led me to write this post. If the assault on my blog continues, I will have no choice but to enable comment moderation, which I hesitate to do because I really don't have the time or patience for that, but we'll see what happens.

Sorry to everyone for the ominous post. Now for your regularly scheduled programming.