Friday, March 10, 2006

Hurling Fruit


Today I was really in the mood for fruit. It's probably my nutrient-deprived body screaming for vitamins and sleep instead of more reading and thinking on my paper that's due next week. In any event, my strawberry craving today (and I am NOT a fruit fan in the least, so this was definitely bizarre for me) got me thinking about this scene that I witnessed about a week ago while Hubby and I were driving.

We were behind this car and were stopped at a light. It looked like there were two people in the car. All of a sudden, the driver opens the door and gets out. Isn't is always really odd when people get out of the car WHILE driving?? This always freaks me out for some reason, like I think the person is going to come carjack me or something equally disturbing. Anyway, he looked really distraught. He runs around to the back door on the passenger side, and proceeds to take out a large box from the back seat and SMASHES the box and its contents right on the sidewalk! Apparently it was a box of grapefruits or melons or something because they all went flying! Then he reaches in again and flings yet another fruit-laden box onto the sidewalk! Then he jumps back in the car and speeds off just as the light was turning green. Hubby and I just stared at each other in disbelief at what we had just witnessed. I absolutely love catching people acting so totally and randomly inappropriately.