Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Gotta Get Outta Here!

Spring break is over. It was over as of Monday, officially, but it's taken me until Wednesday to really get into the swing of things again. Unfortunately, though, I'm feeling a little jaded despite the week-long respite. Perhaps it was because I didn't go anywhere or really do anything fun because I had a ridiculously long paper to write that was due the Monday back from spring break. (Law professors are really all about having fun and making sure their students are having a good time too.) But I think the real reason that I'm feeling so jaded is because I am SO PALE. Yes, I am pale. I am pale because my skin has been hiding underneath coats, and turtlenecks, and scarves for, let's see, oh...about FIVE MONTHS now!!! And I can't take it anymore!! I swear I must have a vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunlight exposure. The extent of my outdoor experience on a daily basis is walking from my front door to my car (in the driveway) and then back from the car (in the driveway) to the front door. Aside from that I'm shielded from the light by parking decks, drive-thrus, etc. At this rate, I'll soon be transparent.

I could just go Fake 'n Bake, but...somehow that just doesn't cut it. I might get my skin to glow after standing in front of big lamps while wearing googles that make me look like a bug, but I really just prefer the real thing.

So, while I sit here, wilting away without sunlight, waiting for summer, the only warmth that I know coming out of a vent in the wall through a miracle called forced air heat, I will dream about a better place, a place like THIS.....[sigh]......