Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm It!


I was tagged by Wendy today on this, and despite the nagging feeling that I might horrify everyone into never reading my blog again, I'm going to provide you with:

Six Weird/Interesting Things That You Didn't Know About Me

(although I'm pretty sure they're all weird and not that interesting!!)

1. I am obsessed with The Weather Channel. I downloaded their desktop program so that I am constantly aware of what the temperature and current humidity levels are.

2. In conjunction with my weather obsession, I have a "dressing chart" that I utilize along with the weather, to decide what I am going to wear every day. For example, there are categories, like 70-75 degrees which would call for a short sleeved shirt but jeans, not shorts. That's a simplified example. The actual chart is somewhat more complex.

3. Along with the weather/dressing chart, I keep my clothing in my closet in what I refer to as the "rotation." Whatever shirt I wear today will go at the back of the line, and I will not wear that shirt again until it comes back to the front. Tomorrow's shirt will be one of the first in the line, depending on what matches with what (I will not sacrifice fashion for the sake of my OCD!).

4. On most days, I count calories. I will keep little post-it notes at my desk detailing what I eat. This is so I don't forget how many calories I am taking in and therefore I don't end up looking like a moose. During finals in particular, this calorie-counting becomes vital, and I suppose it's my way of exerting control over at least one aspect of my life.

5. On the topic of food, I love cereal dust. Most people hate that dusty substance at the bottom of the cereal box when all the flakes are gone, but I actually look forward to it. I like the mush that it creates when it's mixed with milk.

6. I brush my teeth in the shower. Every day. Twice a day. I even keep my toothbrush in the shower.

I admit, a few of these things sound rather freakish; but I am NOT crazy!!!! I guess everyone has bizzare things that they do, right??!!

So I'm tagging The BLS and D on this one. I'm not giong to be the only one getting carted away on the crazy train!