Thursday, April 20, 2006

On the Verge


It's happening again. Finals are coming. I went through my planner today and determined that my first day of being at the law library for at LEAST 12 hours a day is just a little over a week away; and then I will have to remain at said law library for two. entire. weeks. When I realized that, my breath came a little quicker, I felt vaguely light-headed, and black spots appeared before my eyes. That's when I knew. I am, once again, getting very close to a nervous breakdown.

The breakdown will not happen overnight. Today's feelings are just the preamble, if you will, of the nightmarish crap-storm that will descend upon my life in several very (very) short days. The feelings will intensify, and ultimately culminate in one large nervous breakdown, probably right before my first exam, and maybe another before my last. A breakdown that will necessitate the utilization of some sort of anxiolytic, which honestly, I think should be prescribed to every law student in America.

Just thinking about heading into the War Zone that others might know as exam period makes a shudder go down my spine. I just hope I can make it out alive.