Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Little Study Break


After being at the library for nine hours yesterday, I came home and decided to spend some well-deserved time with Hubby and Pup, and we decided to watch The Family Stone. I really hadn't heard too much about this movie, but I was excited to see it because there were so many actors that I like in it (Rachel McAdams, Diane Keaton and Claire Danes being among them).

I won't spoil it for anyone - it starts out really cute, then kind of gets lost in the middle, and just as I was starting to think that this was another movie with a lot of big names that ends up being dreadful, it really found its way towards the end, and I have to say, almost elicited a tear at the last scene.

It's not the best movie, it's not the worst movie, but I think it might best depict how every family is strange and deranged but unique and wonderful all at the same time.

I definitely recommend this movie, especially during finals time when I think we (students) tend to forget the success that really matters (family, love, closeness) when we get wrapped up in trying to be academically successful.