Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ready, Set, Study!


Today is essentially my last day of freedom until the middle of May. My first exam is in exactly [gulp] six days! Tomorrow I'm basically moving myself into the law library to start hardcore studying.

Today, though, although I am finishing up my outlines, I am going to somewhat enjoy myself. I am going to go tanning (gearing up for vaca after finals - woo hoo!), talk Pup for a walk (which will totally make his day - I love making his day!), spend a few precious moments with Hubby before I disappear for two weeks, and maybe even get out to the garden to see what's doing with my tulips. Hopefully this day will keep me going when the going gets rough!

All in all, though, despite all the torture that is finals time, I am happy - I am happy because taking finals this time around means putting my first year of law school in my back pocket; it means that after finals, I will possess exactly 1/3 of the material necessary for me to be a (hopefully successful) attorney; and, no matter how bad it gets sitting in the library, deprived of sunlight and subsisting only on what I can get out of a vending machine, it still beats any day at a dead-end job in Cubicle Hell.