Thursday, May 18, 2006

Not Again


I found this on Pink is the New Blog today. It's the trailer for the newest 9/11 movie to hit the theaters this season, this time entitled, World Trade Center. It's directed by Oliver Stone and stars Nicholas Cage, Maria Bello, and Maggie Gyllenhaal, among others.

I've already expressed my utter disdain for this genre of movies based on biggest tragedy in American history in recent years, so I won't be redundant. I just still cannot understand why anyone feels the need to relive this pain, so soon after we've all just about managed to go on with our lives. At least this movie, though, recounts the story of the survival of two Port Authority police officers, so it is more hopeful than the sham that was United 93.

Despite my better judgment, I watched the trailer for World Trade Center; and I almost burst into tears.