Friday, May 19, 2006

Achoo!


I am not having a good day today. For the past couple of days I have been sick as can be. It turns out I have strep throat, but clearly there are other issues as well since I can't stop coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose. Boo!! What's more troubling is that Hubby and I are going on vaca on Monday, and if I'm not better by then, I'll just cry. We have been looking forward to this trip for so long and to have it be ruined by the flu/strep throat/whatever will be dreadful! I will continue to take naps and drink tea in the hopes that those remedies really work. I don't like chicken soup, so I don't think I'll be having any of that.

Then, to top off the fun and wonderfulness that today has been, I was checking my bank account balance, and noticed that all seven bills that I mailed out last Saturday have not been cashed. I called all seven merchants and inquired if they had received my payments. Of course they had not. I called the post office to see if the mailbox that I had used had spontaneously blown up or something in the last week and I didn't hear about it. Nothing there either. Finally, I called the bank, and they told me none of the checks had been cashed (durr, I knew THAT already), and that my only option was to stop payment on the checks; but then that opens a whole other can of worms in that if the mail is just being slow, then if the cancelled checks are eventually received, I will be charged a fee for trying to cash it, and while I can most likely get the fee waived, that will mean another round of phone calls and drama for me to deal with.
Rsh - why can't anything be easy?? I'm tired of being an adult!