Saturday, June 03, 2006

I Just Love Being a Girl


I had the pleasure today of going to get a mani and pedi. Much needed, by the way, since it had been about two weeks since my last one - I know, I know - gasp!! So as I was sitting in the massaging pedicure chair, being pampered to my heart's content, I started thinking about how much fun it is to be a girl, and how I cannot understand why some women don't appreciate the greatness that comes with being a woman to its fullest extent.
I love makeup, I love nailpolish, I ADORE shoes (I have an addiction), I love clothes, and products, and you name it, if it's girly, I love it and want it. I have had people tell me that my focus and love of all things feminine makes me seem "ditzy" and "shallow." Now, I'll admit that I can at times be a bit of a flake; but come on now, who isn't??
Just because a woman likes to put on makeup and get her nails and hair done and look great doesn't make her shallow, or unintelligent, or even conceited. Quite the contrary - a woman that can accentuate her assets in such a manner is only more powerful than one who does not. An intelligent woman that looks put together and carries herself in a confident manner holds the world in the palm of her hand. That is what makes women so amazing, and what distinguishes us from men!

Now that the pampering is over, I must start doing some of my dreaded reading for my summer class. Work at The Firm isn't going to be leaving me all that much time for reading during the week, so I have to try to cram it all in over the weekend - boo. Oh well, at least it's rainy out...but rainy weekend days are such perfect Lifetime movie days, it seems a shame to waste it on Employment Law!!