Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Feeling Strangely Not So Fine


I found out today with a 99.96% probability that I did not make it onto a law journal at my school. I am very distressed about this. It could be that I'm seriously PMS'ing today, but when I got the news earlier today, I nearly started to cry. My head is filled with horrific thoughts of not getting a decent job after graduation, of not even making it to graduation, that maybe I'm just a moron, etc. You get the picture. So needless to say, not a great day today.

As I was wallowing in my own misery and self-pity, I browsed over to The Littlest Tortfeasor and found she had posted a variation on the quiz that I did in my last post. Because I have nothing else to add today, and tomorrow is the 4th of July which somehow always makes my stomach hurt, I'm doing the same meme/quiz/whatever you want to call it. Give me a day, the chipper LawNut will be back tomorrow, but for today, I'm going to be sad.

THE RULES
1. If you have an iPod or similar technology, go to your Top 25 Most Played. (I'm cheating here, I have no patience to do 25)
2. Pick a lyric from each.
3. Post the lyric on your blog.
4. Have commentators guess what the song is - I'll post the answers with credit to who guessed. You get the picture, people.
Oh yea - no internet cheating! (Like I would ever know...)

*****************************************************************

1. I've got to run to keep from hiding, and I'm bound to keep on riding, and I've got one more silver dollar.

2. You're my shrinking water supply.

3. I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned. - Such Great Heights, Postal Service - Littlest Tortfeasor

4. Help, I have done it again. I have been here many times before.

5. You wear sandals in the snow. - Building a Mystery, Sarah McLachlan - Lawmommy

6. Well, there's a girl that lives up the block. Back in school she could turn all the boys heads. - Glory Days, THE BOSS!!! Good job, Dicta!

7. I have a picture pinned to my wall: an image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all. - Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins - you go w/your bad ass '80s self, Tommy Lawyer!

8. I lay by the ocean making love to her with visions clear.

9. I put myself in this position and I deserve the imposition; but you don't even know I'm alive, and this pounding in my heart just won't die. - Burning Up, Madonna - you go, Lawmommy!

10. I'd pay the devil to replace her.

11. I remember thinking, I'll go on forever only knowing that I'll see you again. - I'll Back You Up, Dave Matthews Band - Littlest Tortfeasor strikes again!

12. What I want is what I've not got, and what I need, is all around me. - Jimi Thing, Dave Matthews Band - Littlest Tortfeasor sure knows her DMB!! :-)