Sunday, July 30, 2006

Only One Month Left :-(





I absolutely cannot believe the last weekend in July has come and gone. Very depressing indeed; but, despite the sadness, I managed to have an absolutely lovely weekend. My weekend included volunteering on Saturday morning at a local "adoption day" for shelter dogs that have been rescued and are now up for adoption. Even though these pups have been spared, it's important to find them new homes as soon as possible so that others can be saved! So with that in mind, I've added a couple of new features to this site. On the left sidebar, you'll see the "daily featured pet" from Petfinder.com's website (they're all so cute!). Also, on the bottom, there is a Petfinder search where you can find your next best friend!! :-)

In other news, I tried, for the very first time this weekend, Coldstone Creamery ice cream! All I have to say is.....WOW. It was, by far, THE best ice cream I have EVER had. I got CAKE BATTER ICE CREAM with COOKIE DOUGH chunks. It tasted EXACTLY like vanilla cake batter. It was AMAZING. Unfortch, after eating this ridiculously decadent treat, I felt like I was ready to be harpooned by whalers. Hence, I have decided to go on a diet. It's not that I consider myself to be large, but, as College Roomie perfectly put it, I feel "large for ME." So I found this great website called Weight Loss for All that has a great daily caloric needs calculator on it so that I was able to determine exactly how many calories I should be eating in order to lose weight. I know I've been eating badly, and the lack of exercise hasn't helped the situation, so hopefully, in the few weeks that are left before school starts up again, I can whip my butt into shape (even if it's an indistinguishable shape). Because honestly, things are getting out of control in this neck of the woods!!