Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Quit This Bitch


It has been over a year since I quit the worst job in the office-world (I say office-world because I think that cleaning up the local peep show joint is probably THE worst job on earth), Cubicle Hell. I didn't realize it until just the other day that it had been that long already. To be quite honest, my life as a Cubicle Hell-er feels like it belonged to someone else. I don't even feel like that same person who sat in that dismal little box made up of thumb-tackable walls, shifting papers about all day long, day after day; but so horrific was my experience there, so traumatizing, that to this day, I still have nightmares about it. I wake up absolutely drenched in my own sweat, terrified at the possibility of having to spend my days back there once again, along with all the idiots that made up the majority of the workforce at Cubicle Hell. It still takes me a minute or so after having the dream to realize that my days at Cubicle Hell are thankfully over.

So speaking of quitting nightmare jobs, apparently this clip has been floating about southern airwaves. I think it's one of the greatest "I quit" speaches of all time, and I just had to share it here. I only wish I could have said something as poetic when I quit Cubicle Hell.