Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's the Calm Before the Shit Storm...Well, Sort Of


It's almost that time again. You know...the time us law students all dread like the plague: exam time. Right now is that erie (pun totally intended) calm before the storm - when you know the shit is going to hit the fan in about 2.5 seconds, and you're trying to brace yourself for the brutalization that is going to ensue, but it doesn't matter how hard you try, it always slams you against the wall anyway. That's how I feel.

Now, granted, as a 2L, I've been through all this before. Three times to be exact (Fall, Spring AND Summer even though summer barely counts due to the utter lack of work that I put into studying over the summer - I mean, hellooooo the sand and ocean were calling!!). But it doesn't seem to matter how many times it happens, finals time always seems to grip my chest like a ridiculous vice that keeps squeezing, slowly killing me a little more each time it rolls around. I don't care that I've done it before - I'm still terrified. It's November and I don't have a CLUE about what the hell is going on in Business Associations. For all I know, the Prof hasn't spoken English all semester. I'm sure I'll get the exam in front of me and think it's in Swahili too. Great. Can't wait for the fun that anal rape will be.

I know I can't avoid it. I know I just have to suck it up, work on those @#(*$#)(#$* outlines, and just take the exams. Hopefully I'll at least pass. But God, I'm PANICKING. PANICKING.

Ok.....gotta calm down.....I have to warn you all though...the next couple of weeks? Be prepared for really random, really angry posts. Be afraid...be very afraid. Because I sure as Hell am!