Sunday, November 05, 2006

Two Great Shows Everyone Should Be Watching

Two fantastic shows I recently discovered, and I wanted to put them out there because I haven't really heard anyone talking about it, and I really think they are conversation-worthy.

First up, Dexter on Showtime, Sundays at 10pm. What a great show. It stars Six Feet Under's Michael C. Hall who once again further solidifies the fact that he is an epic actor. He plays a forensic blood-spatter expert in Miami who lives a secret double life as a vigilante killer of sorts. It's dark, it's morbid - it's perfect. For anyone who was a fan of Six Feet Under and Hall (I was one), I really think that you should give Dexter a whirl. Although the season is well under way, I'm sure you can catch the prior episodes On Demand and catch up on what you've missed. It's well worth it.

Secondly, Take Home Chef on TLC, Fridays at 7pm (but I usually catch reruns on weekdays at 5pm). For those of you saying, "A cooking show??!" take note - this is no ordinary cooking show. The show revolves around this Aussie cook, Curtis Stone, who looks like a younger, hotter version of Rod Stewart - and yes, I sure do think he's sexy.
This tall drink of water stalks women out at the food store, and propositions them - if they take him home, he will help them cook a fabulous meal for her significant other/family. Some women actually say no (I really don't know why, I'd be all over this), but most say yes. So off they go - Curtis helps the women pick out the groceries, he graciously pays, they usually stop off at another store to get any cooking accessories necessary, and then they go home. The thing is, this chef almost always picks total MILFS to go home with. So while they start up cooking, there is clear flirtation going on between the MILF and the Chef; and all that aside, this guy makes some phenomental-looking foods. The fun part is when the crew announces that the husband/boyfriend/whatever is approaching the house, and they get all ready to surprise him. He usually has this face on like "Why is there a camera crew in my kitchen? Why is there a young strapping man with my wife in my kitchen? Why is my wife wearing that really low cut shirt and drinking wine with the strapping young man??"
Then it's all about the food as the Chef serves the couple and watches them eat up the yummy meal - although sometimes you get the feeling that the MILF might have wanted to gobble up more than the meal. Mmhmm. All in all, a super fun show, I always laugh when I watch, and then vow to do more cooking - and more visits to Whole Foods, of course, in the hopes of being picked up by the Chef!