Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Now This Just Makes Me Mad

I have been waiting QUITE some time for Yahoo Avatars to come around and add a Doberman Pinscher to their dog list so that I could put one in my Avatar. The day has finally arrived. As you can see at left, there I am (or my doppelganger), with a Doberman; but the Doberman looks like he's pissed off. You can see his teeth. He does NOT look like a nice, happy dog, which Pup is, and which most Doberman Pinschers are! And this is what makes me oh so mad - it's things like this that promulgate the image people have of this breed of animal. Doberman Pinschers are one of the most loyal, loving breeds of dog you will ever find. A Doberman will give his life for you without a second thought, that is how much he loves and values you; but pictures of these wonderful creatures rarely depict this side of the Doberman, and it really is to society's detriment, because a lot of people are missing out on this wonderful breed.

So while I will keep the Doberman in my Avatar because looks-wise this little guy more accurately reflects what Pup really looks like, I want to make it known that Doberman Pinschers are NOT inherently vicious, mean, or anything like that.

'nuff said. Pup and I are going for a walk, and if we hear anything derogatory about Doberman Pinschers, we're crackin' skulls.*

* Kudos to whomever can guess that movie reference... :-)