Friday, March 24, 2006

Denial is the First Sign of a Problem...


I was reading Moonlighting in Misery today because Elle Woods had discussed it on her blog recently regarding Games.com. I hate to bring it up in my blog, because I don't want to look like I'm ripping anyone off - but this has consumed a large chunk of my day and I just had to write about it - thanks to Misery and Elle for posting it first!

I was curious (isn't this always how bad things begin??), and I registered (for free of course, just to make it harder to resist), and started playing games. I can't stop. There is Monopoly, my personal favorite, Scrabble, BATTLESHIP, and more. The fun part is that you get to play against other people online. It's unbelievable. It felt like Christmas morning when I discovered this site and the hours of mindless entertainment that it offers.

The bad part it's TOO MUCH of a distraction - I'm not sure how I can fit hour-long Monopoly tournaments with complete strangers into my already replete schedule of school, reading, work, and more reading. But where there is a will, there is a way. (That paper might suffer, though...)

If anyone wants to challenge me to some gool 'ol Monopoly or Scrabble (I suck, but it's still fun!!), you can find me under (what else?) LawNut.